BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
You are required to have the current textbook for this course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here. If you do not have a current text book you must purchase one here. https://www.worldpoint.com/en/training-centers/actioncpr-ny/ Use the seach bar at the top of th page and look for SKU# 15-1010